Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Stamp Challenge - part 3

GOING TRIBAL

I was all set to do another complex cloth piece. Got out my fabric. Had made my stamps a couple of days ago. Found the paints I wanted and did the first layer. Liked it so much I decided to leave it like it is.

The cutting tools I had gotten years ago on E-bay. The erasers I got 3 for $1 at the local dollar store. These tools cut through the erasers like butter!! So much fun!



Just decided to play and make marks on the erasers. When I finished and put the three together I thought it had a kind of tribal look. So, I'm calling this piece - Going Tribal.


I used my hand dyed fabric from another project and first used a brown acrylic paint and then one called sand.


For now - it is complete. But who knows.....someday I may find an image that would go perfectly with this piece and it will get another layer!

4 comments:

Thelma said...

Love it Kelly!

Wil said...

Maybe one of those African gourd stamps?

Unknown said...

Now that sounds interesting........

pcoxdesign said...

I like this piece. It has so much potential. Has a very primitive feel to it. Rust dyed fabric would pair nicely with it.