Monday, September 20, 2010

Face number 3

OK, here he is....my third attempt at drawing the face depicted by a Roman statue.  He is still not exactly right but I'm happy with him since he is just the third face I've ever drawn....in my whole life!  He's getting closer to the original picture (which I now feel OK posting for comparison).  The shape of the head is not quite right and something else that I can't put my finger on.  The original seems older somehow.  So, I'm just envisioning this Roman as a younger man....yeh....that's it!!!!!  LOL!

Oh well, you can make your own judgement I'm sure.

Roman Statue - Face 3 (left is the original and right is my drawing - as if you couldn't tell the difference!)




















You at least have to admit that this one is better than the two posted a month ago on August 18!!  So, now I'm ready to put these pictures in my Faces Journal. Pages 2 and 3 are prepped and after these are in the journal I'll post those two pages.  Have to admit....this is really exciting!

1 comment:

Wil said...

Not bad at all :-)). I like it!