Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just a couple for today

Well, the ATCs are winding down here for a bit.  Only a few more sets to go. 

This one is for the Birthday ATC swap for the November birthdays.  I always think autumn is exciting with all the colors.  AND that certain aroma in the air that is so difficult to describe in words....let alone in art!  So I opted for some gold color hand dyed fabric for the background, some fabric autumn leaves and some metallic acorns.  I think the result is very happy.  Hence the name....Autumn Excitement!


This is one I've had a lot of fun with.  Over a year ago (perhaps even two years ago or more) I had a class in image transfer using gel medium.  I had a beautifully colored bird picture from a magazine in the early 1900s from an ephemera lot I purchased on e-bay.  So using that technique I transferred the picture of a Yellow Headed Blackbird to fabric.  It's been in my bits and pieces box.....just waiting for inspiration.  Then I needed a bird ATC for a thank you to a hostess and this turned out to be the perfect size.  In the upper left corner is mulberry bark painted brown acrylic and brushed with Lumiere Gold.  I'm  hoping she will enjoy it!


So at this moment, the October Birthday cards are drying.  And I have backings to add to another set of cards to post later. So.....back to work!!!

No comments: