Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Journal January 2011 - Day 8

Day 8 revolves around vertical journaling.  I chose to go with the page of the African Veldt that I painted for my zoo zebras and also work with the page that is the back of the stripey "window", making this a 2 page spread.

Up and Down - full two pages


Left page - in a few days there will be a dragonfly to view through this reverse side of the stripey window. I also added some left over pieces of my zebra mandala to keep my zebras playing in my journal.
  Right page - Journaling vertically is more of a challenge than one might think. Took a bit more concentration than I imagined before I started.  Even though the letters are English, I think the journaling part looks almost Oriental.  Now you can get a better view of my African Veldt.  Can you tell I'm not used to drawing animals??  LOL


3 comments:

Thelma said...

Looks great Kelly! When I watched this video I was like I want to do this one for sure! I love how writing like that makes it look. You can put hidden messages in there and unless someone knew about this process they would never know what you said. lol

Wil said...

Well at least your zebra is standing on the soil :-)

Unknown said...

ROFLOL!! Wil, it seems I'm getting the hand of THAT part at least!!!

Thelma, hadn't thought of that but you are right! And I will probably do this technique on a journal page again....so....next time!!