Thursday, January 6, 2011

Journal January 2011 - days 3 and 4

Journaling using the zebra as a design element has proven to be very interesting.  I hope to have the link button on my blog soon.  My techie muse has vanished on this one!

Day 3 - Lino print of zebra elements
I had some lino product that I had never tried.  Just small pieces to try out so this project was perfect for that.  Let's just say that if I had used this product for my first lino cut....I would have NEVER made a second!  But I struggled through and completed the project the way I liked it.




Day 4 - Draw a face that has zebra elements
On day 3 I was thinking of how the wrinkles on my face are similar to the zebra stripes.  That lead to the inspiration for today's journal page.

This is the full page "When Did I Grow Old?"

The "old" side - The way I look on the outside

The "young" side - The way I FEEL on the inside.  I CHOOSE to live HERE!


No comments: