Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Journal January 2011 - Day 12

Today was a very weird kind of journaling experience. I've been trying to just let it go and do whatever comes to mind or hand.  Not trying to prove anything to anyone -- just having fun and seeing where it takes me. I started with the face and it turned out really sad and when my aquapen ran it looked like tears...so I let it be tears.  It's been that kind of week so it just came out.  Not too sure where the dead stick-figure came from (perhaps because being sick for what is now 3 weeks and no sign of an end - well, let's just say there are days that the final option is not all that bad!!  LOL!!) Since the prompt for this day was Daily Detritus I challenged myself to work with the bits and pieces from recent other works that were within my reach on the island. I have been involved in many different projects until recently so there were many to choose from but it might have made it all seem just a bit disjointed.  Oh well, that is also my life so I guess that makes this an excellent page!  And here it is....

Journal January 2011 - Day 12 - Daily Detritus

2 comments:

Wil said...

It is not surprising that your mood reflects in your journals. Maybe your unsubconscious mind?

Unknown said...

I found it interesting to contemplate! But that is what makes art journaling so revealing. Often times things you aren't even aware are hanging around show up out of nowhere and want to be dealt with! Fascinating!