Thursday, February 3, 2011

Journal January 2011 - Day 13

And another interesting day! This one is really playful.  The idea is to just draw lines on the page and see what happens.  What do you see?  What forms take shape? Which lines go together?  I'm enjoying the "not having to be perfect" aspect of these recent pages.  I'm LOVING the play time! Now what will be interesting is how continuing this will impact my other art.  Being foot-loose and fancy-free in one's journal is totally different than being that way in the art one presents to the world....and perhaps hopes to sell. But will the playfulness and freedom carry over anyway?  Will it be something acceptable?  Only time will tell I suppose.  Or perhaps the whole thing is to have a very playful area to bring the relief of the precise in other areas??? hmmmmm interesting thought....well....interesting to me anyway!  So, here is my journal page for Day 13 - Taking a Line for a Walk

Journal January 2011 - Day 12 - Taking a Line for a Walk

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

great page..I think we should play and have fun with our art..its all about enjoying the process I think

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more. Life is too short not to enjoy our art. Especially the whole process!!