Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A New Voyage

I have the privilege to belong to another art quilting group with people from all over the world.  This one is for an art quilt every two months or so. This is the first piece for that group.

So the theme is "Where I Am". The answer came very quickly for me as did the initial concept. Then it was just a matter of bringing it to life.


Where I Am - LIMBO, that's where I am these days. In just about every aspect of my life...LIMBO. Not in the theological definition. More in the idea of so many things not settled. Everything is up in the air. So that is where I am taking you with this art quilt - to my state of limbo.

I do feel as though I am barely balanced and no definite (or sometimes even a hint of) direction to go to solve any of these issues. All of them are mostly out of my control. Others are left to decide my fate. The green verdant background is the beautiful fields of abandon where I long to frolic and play....just almost within reach. The cliff on the left is the sturdiness of knowing at least my immediate future plans. But now...I'm struggling in mid air and always feeling like any day I could plunge into the roiling tumult below me. The solid part on which I can still put my feet is my faith. It is often the only thing that keeps me upright.

So that is my story of Where I Am.

LIMBO

The next theme is "Who I Am".  Again the concept was immediate but this one is even MORE difficult to decide how to put it into tangible form. But that is the fun of a challenge....to stretch and experiment on ideas and/or techniques that I haven't done before.




No comments: