Tuesday, February 11, 2014

One that had to be done

The theme for November in one of my online groups was Cosmos.  I knew immediately what I wanted to do...but my life was in turmoil and chaos and didn't calm down until just this week. I'm now looking at current deadlines and putting on my thinking cap. (Some of them are quite a challenge BTW!!!) But while I'm starting over fresh for 2014 in this one group (I was WAY too far behind to ever catch up) I just HAD to do this one.  It was originally planned for a much larger piece but doing it in 12" X 12" just seemed to be what the doctor ordered since the larger one had its beginning a few years ago and then went nowhere.

So...here it is....Deep Space.  It was inspired by a Hubble photograph of the Orion Nebula. I just love the colors and found I could make just what I wanted with hand-dyed cheesecloth!!

DEEP  SPACE

I'm linking this post to Nina Marie's Off The Wall Friday!


6 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I have a lot of my own hand dyed cheesecloth. I adore it! I love your idea of the nebula. It really looks like it!

quilthexle said...

Lovely - when I saw the little thump picture over at "Off the wall Friday" I thought, hm, this looks like a cosmic nebula to me ?

Unknown said...

Oh I LOVE hearing that the concept I envisioned actually came across! Thanks you guys!!!

LA Paylor said...

so interesting how an artist visualizes
LeeAnna
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Linda M said...

Great use of hand dyed cheesecloth.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Linda. It is amazing how saturated they get with color. And so many uses!